New Year, New Beginnings
Each new year brings the opportunity for new beginnings! Make 2019 the year you resolve to be READY. SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra wants to help ensure you enjoy a safe and happy new year by helping you be prepared for anything the year may have in store.
Did you know, up to 50 percent of businesses that suffer a disaster may never reopen? Of the businesses that do survive a disaster, the overwhelming majority had an emergency preparedness plan in place. Let SERVPRO help you build an emergency preparedness plan for your property.
Make your resolution one that helps protect your business. Call SERVPRO of The Beaches/ Ponte Vedra today at 904-246-6118 to learn how we can get you "Ready for whatever happens" in the new year.
Protecting Your Property During Cold Weather
Cold weather can weak havoc on your home and business if you're not properly prepared. To help prevent weather related damages, consider taking the following precautions before winter weather hits.
- Check your property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather like heavy wind and rain can cause branches to fall.
- Roofs, water pipes and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building/ home, and leaves should be cleared away.
- Clean chimneys and exhaust systems to ensure they are free of debris.
- Test gas lines if they have been dormant to ensure they are in good working order with no leaks.
- Inspect your property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Make sure all exterior doors and windows have weather stripping.
Call SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra at 904-246-6118 if your home or business has suffered damage due to winter weather.
Fire Safety Tips for Your Commercial Business
SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra is Equipped to Handle Your Commercial Fire Claim.
Although an emergency escape plan is not required for all businesses under the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), it recommends your building have an emergency action plan to protect yourself, employees, and your business during an emergency situation. OSHA suggests the following steps when developing such a plan.
Organize emergency preparedness procedures and share them with your employees.
Once a plan is developed, post evacuation procedures, including routes and exits, where they are easily accessible to all employees. Ensure that all exits are marked and well lit, wide enough to accommodate the number of evacuating personnel, and unobstructed and clear of debris at all times.
Conduct office evacuation exercises and drills. Designate a safe spot outside of the facility where employees can regroup, recover and conduct a head count. Once completed evaluate how well the plan worked. You may need to make improvements.
Disaster Can Strike at the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Our Beaches office is ready for the Holidays with a Christmas decor.
The holiday season is a time for gathering with friends and family to enjoy quality time and fellowship. As the weather outside turns frightful (yes, even in Florida) we rely on the warmth of our homes to host gatherings with loved ones.
What happens when disaster strikes your property at the most wonderful time of the year? You can't afford to wait for a restoration company to return from Christmas vacation to start the cleanup. You need help now-even if it's the night before Christmas. If a fire or water damage strikes your home or business during the holidays, give SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra a call, 904-246-6118. We are here 365 days a year -even Christmas day. Whether you are ready for the holidays or not, SERVPRO at Jacksonville's Beaches will always be "Ready for whatever happens."
Winter Heating Hazards
The winter season is finally here in Florida, and with it comes shorter days and lower temperatures. In an effort to keep our homes and workplaces cozy, many of us use alternative heat sources like fireplaces, portable space heaters, and wood burning stoves. Did you know heating equipment is the number 1 cause of home fire deaths? According to the National Fire Protection Association, heating equipment fires cause an estimated $1 billion in direct property damage annually. Keep the following safety tips in mind to help reduce your risk of heating-related fire.
- Keep anything flammable at least 3 feet away from heating equipment, like a furnace, fireplace, wood stove, or a portable space heater. Have a "kid-free zone" around space heaters.
- Make sure the fire place has a sturdy screen to stop sparks.
- Remember to turn portable heaters off before leaving the room, or going to bed.
- Always use the right kind of fuel.
- Have heating equipment and chimneys inspected every year.
- Test smoke alarms monthly.
In the unfortunate event that your property suffers fire damage, contact SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra at 904-246-6118.
Real Value, Packaged in Green
Our air movers and dehumidifiers are drying out a carpet cleaning at a ocean front hotel in Jacksonville Beach.
SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra provides consistent service and reliable information.
Whether you operate a single facility or hundreds of commercial properties nationwide, a fire or water damage requires prompt action to reduce loss and costly down time. Who can you trust to provide dependable services and information?
SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra technicians respond quickly, providing a full line of cleaning and mitigation services to help ensure faster recovery. The Beaches team utilizes technology designed specifically to provide you and your insurance company with quick, dependable information necessary to make more informed decisions faster, saving both time and money.
Call SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra today at 904-246-6118 for a quote on mitigating mold, water damage, fire damage, or cleaning for your commercial property.
Click HERE for a full list of our commercial services.
When Fire and Water Take Control, We Help Take it Back
Our Beaches Storm Team responding to Hurricane Florence Damage, helping the home owners of other SERVPRO franchises no matter where they are.
Our number one goal is returning damaged areas and items to preloss condition, doing all we can to make it "Like it Never Even Happened." SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra is dedicated to restoring both the property and the lives of our customers in Jacksonville Beach.
Like it never caught fire, was never dirty, like it never overflowed, like it never spilled, whatever the case our goal is to make it "Like it Never even Happened."
Your Can Trust SERVPRO
Our family has been helping home owners in Northeast Florida since 1981. There are now over 1700 franchises just like us, Nationwide. More locations means faster response. We can be on-site in most cases in under 1.5 hours.
24 Hour Emergency Service
In our business you need us fast. The sooner SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra arrives, the better chance we can reduce the damage, and prevent secondary damage from occurring. The Ponte Vedra Team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Holiday Fire Safety Checklist
Don't Have a Holiday Disaster!
The holidays are one of the worse times for house fires. Cooler weather, beautiful Christmas trees, decorations and candles can be a potential fire hazard. SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra would like to advise you to take personal responsibility and prepare long before a fire threatens your home and your family’s safety.
Sit down with your family and review this fire safety checklist:
- Install and maintain a working smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector in every bedroom, outside of every sleep area and on every level of the home, including the basement, and remember to change the battery at least once a year.
- Interconnect all smoke alarms throughout the home. This way, when one sounds, they all do.
- Test alarms at least monthly by pushing the test button.
- Replace all smoke alarms when they are 10 years old or sooner if they don’t respond properly.
- Make sure everyone in the home knows the sound of the smoke alarm and understands what to do when they hear it.
- Know where your fire extinguisher is mounted, and make sure everyone in the family knows how to use it.
- Designate two escape routes from each bedroom and practice them regularly.
- Teach everyone the "Stop, Drop, and Roll" technique in case clothing catches on fire.
- Avoid storing old mattresses in the home or garage.
- Teach kids that matches, lighters and candles are tools, not toys. If you suspect that a child is playing with fire, check under beds and in closets for telltale signs like burned matches. Matches and lighters should be stored in a secure drawer or cabinet.
While it is crucial to be cautious of fire hazards year-round, taking the time to walk through these steps at least once a year could save you and your family’s life. When a fire happens, there is no more time for planning. Act today, be prepared!
Check back with us for more fire safety tips and don’t forget to like us on Facebook!
Have Storm Damage? Call SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra – 904-246-6118
Cleaning Up After a Fire -the Right Way
Let SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra Help With Your Recent Fire Damage, 904-246-6118.
Need an estimate for fire damage? Call SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra at (904) 246-6118.
Inspection and Pretesting
The SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra Professional pretests from the type of cleaning that will be appropriate for your type of fire damage, while inspecting the property to determine the extent of fire damage and the scope of cleaning needed, restoration, and repairs.
- The full extent of the smoke and fire damage. How many materials are affected by smoke or fire? What is the proper method for cleaning? Will your personal belongings need to be relocated while your house is restored? These are just a few of the decisions that must be made to get your property back "Like it never even happened."
- Unaffected areas - It can be vital to protect areas that were not affected by soot and odor before the damage spreads to these areas. It will save you money, and will also protect your valuables from secondary damage.
- What materials can be restored and what materials must be replaced. Are the smoke residues cleanable? Who is completing the inventory of items that are damaged beyond repair? Fire damage pretesting is vital. A complete inventory is invaluable! How long will the cleanup take? We'll let you know what to expect.
- The most effective cleaning methods. What procedures will restore the damaged materials?
Pretesting also allows the SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra Professional to focus on saving precious items or keepsakes on your behalf.
Once the fire damage mitigation begins, the Franchise Professional will keep you informed and answer your questions, all while working to help make the fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
The Science of Drying
SERVPRO in Ponte Vedra Uses the Science of Drying (Psychometrics) to Dry Commercial Properties Quickly and Effectively.
Did you know that there is a science behind the drying process?
Having the knowledge of physics metrics is essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. While your initial reaction may be to run for the towels and grab a few fans. SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra Professionals are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry approved standards. If your business suffers from water damage, our beaches SERVPRO Professionals will:
Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
Measure how much moisture is in the wet materials and monitor whether the materials are drying properly.
Speed up mother nature by using professional drying equipment. A wet building will always seek equilibrium an try to dry naturally. When materials are wet moisture will naturally move to drier air. The problem is nature takes too long and secondary damage, like mold can occur while you are waiting for your professional building to dry. We use state of the art monitoring equipment and a proven drying process to speed up the drying time in your business.